CODE ISSUES RESOLUTION
we understand the code requirements and the intent and objectives of the code. Our engineers work with clients and the code authorities to resolve code issues by finding a proper balance between strict code compliance and performance-based solutions, providing an acceptable level of fire safety and ensuring cost-effective, construable solutions.
The codes address a wide range of building and fire safety issues that are commonly misinterpreted or misapplied. AJECS can clarify the code requirements and assist with incorporating the requirements into specific design applications.
- Use and occupancy classification
- Mixed-use and occupancy conditions
- Construction type and materials
- Exterior fire exposure
- Fire / smoke separations
- Protection of atria and vertical openings
- Fire protection system requirements
- Means of egress requirements
- Fire department access